Your commercial property deserves a roof that can keep it safe and intact all year round. That’s why you’ll want to make sure it stays in good shape. Regular roof inspection, repairs and maintenance will usually do the trick–but there will come a time when they just won’t cut it anymore. A commercial roof replacement then becomes the better and smarter idea. It’s an upgrade that needs careful planning. Not only will you need to decide on materials and installer–you’ll have to take into account the warranty that is included with your new commercial roof, as well.
StormROOF Systems, LLC, the premier roofing company in your area, shares what you need to know about commercial roofing warranties.
1. They are incredibly important. A commercial roofing warranty is a legal relationship between you, the materials manufacturer, and your roofing contractor. It guarantees that your new roof will perform accordingly based on the defined specifications for a certain period. The warranty also spells out the remedies in case the new commercial roof fails to perform as it should.
2. They are useful. Your choice of commercial roof warranty adds an extra layer of protection to your investment, ensuring that any issues your new system might have following its installation are addressed promptly and with minimum fuss. In fact, the more extensive warranty may include roof repair, or even replacement, in its coverage.
3. They have some differences. Not every commercial roofing warranty is the same. The total coverage, length of coverage, remedies and responsibilities involved in a commercial roofing warranty may vary with each manufacturer. Because the warranty is a legal contract, each party has their own specific obligations, including you as the property manager. Here are the most common types of commercial roof warranties available to you:
- Manufacturer’s Material Warranty. This offers coverage against material defects that cause your new roofing system to fail long before it should. Depending on the quality of the material, the warranty may provide 10 to up to 50 years of coverage.
- Manufacturer’s Material and Labor Warranty. This not only offers coverage against defective materials, it also comes with one against poor workmanship. Usually, this type of warranty comes with a dollar limit, and is prorated so the coverage limit for repair and replacement will decline over time.
- Roofing Contractor Warranty. Most roofing companies offer their own guarantee to back up the quality of their workmanship. It covers the work performed to install the manufacturer’s materials, plus the other products the contractor has used for the job.
4. They can be voided. That’s why you should always read the fine print. To ensure your warranty coverage remains intact, you’ll need to avoid doing certain things. You should, for example:
- Refrain from making unauthorized modifications to the roof, such as installing heating and cooling equipment, ventilation systems for new machinery, and other related renovations, because they can compromise the integrity of your commercial roof and make it more susceptible to leaks.
- Stop overlooking storm damage. Don’t wait until your next scheduled inspection. Deal with it immediately to avoid nullifying the warranty.
- Ensure that regular roof inspection and maintenance tasks are performed. It is considered the property managers’ responsibility to ensure the roof remains in tip-top shape. Any issues resulting from poor maintenance are generally not covered by the warranty.
- Control your access to your roof to prevent minor damage caused by heavy foot traffic on its surface.
Why You Should Work with StormROOF Systems, LLC
A commercial roof replacement is a huge deal, and you’ll want to make sure you’re getting the most of your investment. For this reason, it pays to work with a trusted roofing company that you know can deliver exceptional results. In this area, that will be StormROOF Systems, LLC. We’re not just your expert in storm damage repair and restoration, we can also handle your commercial roofing needs effectively. Here are some of the reasons we remain one of the leading residential and commercial roofing companies in the area:
- Licensed and Insured. StormROOF Systems, LLC has all the necessary licenses and insurance, including liability coverage and workers’ compensation, that make us qualified to perform commercial roofing work in the area. When you choose us to work on your roof upgrade, you always know you’re protected.
- Locally Operated. It’s generally a better idea to work with a roofing contractor who’s literally near you. StormROOF Systems, LLC is locally owned and operated, which means you can always expect us to arrive on time and add a personal touch to your project. What’s more, you can always count on us to give a quick response during a roof emergency.
- Experienced. The trained and skilled roofing professionals from StormROOF Systems, LLC have decades of combined industry experience. We ensure timely and efficient workmanship that leaves no room for mistakes. Whether your project involves commercial roof replacement or storm damage repair, you know that we’ll deliver the best results. Not only that–we are already deeply familiar with the building codes and requirements specific to this area, so any project we take on will always be up to code.
- Proven. StormROOF Systems, LLC has always been committed to full client satisfaction through unmatched workmanship. This has earned us great scores and testimonials from hundreds of pleased customers, while allowing us to maintain our A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau®. And if you still have any doubts about the quality of our work, we’ll be more than happy to give you a list of references.
- Customer-Centric. We want you to be happy with the results we can deliver, and we also aim to make your roofing experience less stressful. That’s why we offer flexible financing options from Hearth. You can actually get pre-approved in just 15 minutes, and have a check in hand within 24 hours. With our financing programs, you can invest in your commercial roofing upgrade with greater confidence.
When in need of quality residential roof inspection or complete commercial roof replacement, you only need to turn to StormROOF Systems, LLC. We’ll make sure your project goes on without a hitch with our superior products and professional crew. Call us today at (470) 300-1768 or fill out our convenient online form to schedule your roof evaluation. We serve Marietta, GA, and the nearby areas.