Planning a roof job can be a bit overwhelming, especially when it’s your first time. But once you know the essentials to consider, you can make it as smooth and worry-free as possible. StormROOF Systems, LLC, the trusted roof inspection and replacement company in the area, shares ways to achieve a successful roofing project:
1. Learn more about your project. This isn’t limited to the scope–you should also understand every aspect involved with the job. Make sure your roofer can provide you with a detailed and accurate estimate that spells out the specific work to be performed, material and labor costs, warranty information, plus duration and complexity of the project. If there’s any charge that seems out of place, make sure to ask your roofer about it promptly.
2. Adhere to local codes and regulations. You don’t want to get into trouble with your local building division. That’s why you need to make sure you have all the necessary permits prior to the roof job. Non-compliance comes with some pretty serious consequences, and you’ll want to avoid them as much as possible.
3. Be prepared for emergencies. Unwelcome surprises are not uncommon in a roofing project–and these always mean additional costs. You’ll want to be ready for them, so set aside a contingency fund. This way, any extra (but necessary) roof repair will be covered without you needing to overspend.
4. Hire a reliable roofing company. Check their credentials (licenses, bond and insurance), work experience and certification. Ask them for a list of references, and look them up online to check if they’ve earned satisfactory ratings and reviews from previous clients.
5. Communicate with your roofer. You should both be on the same page about preventing unnecessary mess and damage to your property during the work process. You should also discuss with them your expectations about loud music, offensive language and inappropriate behavior on the work site.
Whether you need storm damage restoration or roof installation, StormROOF Systems, LLC has got you covered. We always deliver the best results in every roofing project we take on. We proudly serve the areas in and around Chattanooga, TN, Austin, TX, and Marietta, GA. Call us today at (470) 300-1768 or fill out this contact form to schedule your consultation. We’d love to hear from you!