Take a drive around your community and you’ll find that a majority of your neighbors live in homes topped with asphalt shingle roofing. That shouldn’t come as a surprise–asphalt shingles remain the most popular roofing option available today. And their continued popularity is not exactly unearned. Asphalt shingles offer many advantages that make them a worthwhile investment for every homeowner. The premier roof inspection and installation company in the area, StormROOF Systems, LLC lists some of these benefits here:
1. Superior Weather Protection. While they are called asphalt shingles, the roofing material is not actually made of asphalt all the way through. Fiberglass or felt paper are used as the base, which is then topped by a weather-tight layer of asphalt. This, in turn, is coated by protective mineral granules. Asphalt shingles generally come in standard three-tab options, which are lightweight and cost-effective, and the thicker and higher-quality (and slightly pricier) architectural shingles.
Among the many shingle roofing manufacturers in today’s market, the biggest and most well-known of them is GAF®. Asphalt shingles made by GAF come with Advanced Protection® Technology, and are tested rigorously for toughness, wind uplift resistance, flexibility and fire resistance. Some options are even designed specifically to resist impact damage. With an asphalt shingle roof, you’re always sure your home will remain safe and intact from the harshest elements.
2. Long Service Life. Depending on the quality of the materials used, asphalt shingle roofing systems can provide up to 20 years of reliable weather performance. When installed and maintained properly by a roof repair and replacement expert like StormROOF Systems, LLC, they can last even longer.
3. Exceptional Beauty. Given how your roof is one of your home’s largest visual elements, you’ll want to make sure it can provide a great impression from the curb. Your choice of roofing material can directly influence this. To improve your home’s aesthetics, you should definitely choose asphalt shingles. They are available in a wide selection of colors, textures and thicknesses, meaning you won’t look for opportunities to customize.
Take the GAF architectural shingles offered by StormROOF Systems, LLC, for example. They come in classic colors like brown, red, black, and grey, along with more vibrant tones such as beige, blue, gold, and green. What’s more, some of our GAF asphalt shingles are designed to mimic the natural beauty of tile, slate, and wood shakes, allowing for limitless design possibilities. With these options, matching your new shingle roof perfectly with your home’s existing architecture and exterior palette becomes simpler.
4. Worry-Free Installation and Maintenance. Asphalt shingles make for a faster work process because they are lightweight and easy to install. The fact that they don’t need an additional support structure to accommodate their weight helps speed up the installation even further. An asphalt shingle roof requires minimal upkeep. In fact, shingle roof repair is generally quick and simple, especially when you work with a reliable roofing company for the job.
5. Greater Energy Savings. Did you know that asphalt shingles can also keep your energy costs to a minimum? Some asphalt shingles come with advanced reflective properties to help reduce heat buildup in the attic and lower air conditioning bills. Having a shingle roof that can offer this distinct benefit can be especially useful now that summer is right around the corner.
Once you do decide to invest in an asphalt shingle roof, you’ll need to consider its maintenance. It’s never too early to think about its upkeep given how huge this investment is. Here are some of the things you should do:
- Have your trusted local roofer perform a comprehensive inspection of your asphalt shingle roof twice a year, or after a major weather event. This helps catch and deal with any developing problems that can shorten the lifespan of the roof system.
- Avoid putting off any roof storm damage. Have the system repaired promptly to prevent further damage and extensive (not to mention expensive) roof repair or restoration work.
- Don’t install unnecessary things on your roof. Otherwise, you’ll void the roof warranty coverage and leave the system vulnerable to water infiltration.
- Keep the surface of your asphalt shingle roof clear of debris. Deal with any pooling water you see, as well.
- Be on the lookout for potential issues with the attic ventilation. Keeping your roof “cool” through proper ventilation eliminates the possibility of mold, rot, and premature shingle aging.
Exceptional Roofing Services by StormROOF Systems, LLC
To ensure your roof installation becomes a success, make sure you’re hiring a dependable company for the job. After all, it’s their skills and expertise you’ll be relying on to keep the project on track. But the thing is there’s no lack of roofers in any given area–you’ll need to narrow down your choices until you find the one that’s a best match for your needs. Fortunately, this isn’t as daunting as you may expect. You just need to turn to StormROOF Systems, LLC, the expert in roof inspection and replacement in Tennessee, Georgia and Texas.
Here’s what to expect when you choose us to handle your asphalt shingle roof installation:
- You’ll be working with a credentialed roofer. StormROOF Systems, LLC is fully licensed, bonded, and insured. We also carry the necessary workers’ compensation and liability coverage for your greater protection. With our dedication to safety and excellence, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your project will be handled by a true-blue roofing professional.
- There will be no shortcuts nor callbacks. Through exceptional workmanship backed by combined industry experience, StormROOF Systems, LLC aims to exceed all your expectations. We make sure every roof installation we take on is finished in a timely and efficient manner–with zero room for mistakes. Not only that–you can count on us for stress-free insurance claims assistance. If the reason for your roof installation is extensive storm damage, we are the company you should call to handle your claim.
- You get access to high-quality roofing materials. As a GAF® Certified Weather Stopper® roofing contractor, StormROOF Systems, LLC can offer only the toughest and most attractive asphalt shingle roofing systems available today. You won’t just benefit from their lasting performance, but the solid warranty coverage included with them, as well.
- You’ll get more-than-satisfactory results. StormROOF Systems, LLC is a well-reviewed roofing company because we provide not only superior workmanship, but personalized service, as well. We are screened and approved by HomeAdvisor. Our A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau® and the 5-star Google reviews we’ve received from pleased clients are a testament of the quality of our work. And if you have questions or concerns about the work we do, our friendly and professional team will always be ready and able to address them.
StormROOF Systems, LLC is not only your go-to company for professional storm damage repair–we are also your trusted roof installation expert. With our asphalt shingle roofing systems, we’ll help you maintain a sturdier, safer, and more comfortable home. We proudly serve the areas in and around Chattanooga, TN, Austin, TX, and Marietta, GA. Call us today at (470) 300-1768 or fill out this contact form to schedule your consultation.